Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Raw Food is Good Food

My husband and I are trying to be 70% raw for the rest of summer. For those of you who don't know, eating Raw means completely vegan and uncooked. Being a mostly vegetarian for many years I have already been eating this way partially, but decided to try going more deeply into it. It has been pretty easy so far, for me at least. A sample menu might be something like this;

Breakfast- A shake of bananas, strawberries, raspberries, coconut oil, flax seed, and bee pollen, and raw oats, nuts, fruit and raw coconut oil

Lunch-raw hummus,avocado,sprouts, nuts,raw chips

Dinner-"noodles"( thinly sliced zucchini) in a raw tahini caper sauce,avocado and tomato salad with some raw pickles.

I'm feeling pretty good and it makes your skin really nice. Write in if you have any interesting raw recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment